Re: [HACKERS] Libpq++ and RH5.1

From: Maarten Boekhold <maartenb(at)dutepp0(dot)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
To: Sidney Traynham <traynham(at)wsp1(dot)websp(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Libpq++ and RH5.1
Date: 1998-06-12 07:47:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 11 Jun 1998, Sidney Traynham wrote:

> I am trying to use Libpq++ for PG6.3.2 and Red Hat 5.1, and am having
> trouble
> compiling programs that use it. I tried #include <libpq++.h> and didn't
> link
> and libpq dirs and I got some linker errors (not able to find such and
> such
> functions), then I tried linking the way I used to with just plain old
> libpq,
> but to avail. Everyone says that libpq is better, but I like the C++
> interface better, and want to try to get that to work.
>
> If anyone has had any luck with libpq++ in general and could send me the
> basics on what command line options I need to use to compile and what
> header
> files to include I would greatly appreciate it.

IIRC you have to include both libpq++.h as well as libpq-fe.h, and you'll
have to link with -lpq -lpq++ and possibly with -lcrypt

Maarten

| TU Delft, The Netherlands, Faculty of Information Technology and Systems |
| Department of Electrical Engineering |
| Computer Architecture and Digital Technique section |
| M(dot)Boekhold(at)et(dot)tudelft(dot)nl |