ODBC Driver extremly slow on winxp

From: Ben Litchfield <ben(at)csh(dot)rit(dot)edu>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ODBC Driver extremly slow on winxp
Date: 2002-10-12 16:23:28
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Here is my configuration

ODBC Driver version 07_02_0003
Postgresql: 7.2.2
OS:WinXP with all latest patches

The problem occurs when I connect to the database from the machine that
the database is hosted on. I will do something that will query the
database and it will take about 1-2 minutes to finish, I also notice that
my harddrive is grinding the entire time. I am not sure what it is doing.
When I do the same thing from another machine it is very fast as one would
expect.

I have tried using two applications pgAdminII and a C# application both
have the same results.

When I run the command line psql program it is very fast. When I use the
JDBC driver it is very fast.

Any help would be great.