Re: Error Messages

From: Chadwick Rolfs <cmr(at)shell(dot)gis(dot)net>
To: "'pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Error Messages
Date: 2002-07-10 20:55:51
Lists: pgsql-php

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Hillensbeck, Preston wrote:

> A while back, someone gave me some php code to print out the values that
> were in certain values and print them to the screen. There was a command
> you had to run before you ran pg_errormessage($function);
>
> Anyone know what I am talking about? I am trying to troubleshoot some code
> and need that function, it was like db_something or other. Thanks.

I'm just commenting on this message, and it's attached footer. It looks
like what Preston needs to do is read the footer (below my message, but
before my .sig), and try taking it's advice.
In order to help, I would need to go there myself, anyway :) -- just
thought it was kind-of ironic.
pg_errormessage() does not get a function passed in as an argument, it
gets a connection resource. Perhaps that is what you are looking for,,
you will need to call pg_connect, and pass the returned postgresql
resource to pg_errormessage.

another option is tail /var/log/apache/error.log (yours may be much
different, just wherever your php logs are)

HTH

> http://archives.postgresql.org

-Chadwick