Use of 'default TEXT now()'

From: "Ing(dot) Roberto Andrade" <randrade(at)campus(dot)iztacala(dot)unam(dot)mx>
To: sql <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Use of 'default TEXT now()'
Date: 1999-03-24 20:19:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi:

I'm writing an application where I have to use a datetime field. In this
field we'll keep the date and time of the coments about some tasks.

I am not sure about the right use of 'default', should I use:

fecha_obs datetime default TEXT now()

or

fecha_obs datetime default now() ?

When I must use TEXT ?

I want to retrieve the fields in datetime order.

TIA

Roberto Andrade Fonseca
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México

Teléfonos: 623-1154, 623-1119
e-mail: randrade(at)campus(dot)iztacala(dot)unam(dot)mx