jdbc driver not recognized

From: Stuart Urban <sturban(at)cs(dot)uiowa(dot)edu>
To: postgres novice list <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: jdbc driver not recognized
Date: 2000-07-12 02:56:54
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have installed postgresql-7.0.2 on my IRIX 6.5.4 system and everything
works great, except for the JDBC driver. I have made the driver and have
tried to add the .jar file to my classpath. It looked as though it was
successful, but whenever I try to access the driver using the
Class.forName(org.postgresql.Driver) method, I get a
ClassNotFoundException. Has anyone used postgres with Java that can give
me any hints?

--
Thanks,
Stuart Urban