Re: jdbc driver not recognized

From: wyrd <wyrd(at)triskelion-nova(dot)com>
Cc: postgres novice list <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jdbc driver not recognized
Date: 2000-07-12 05:33:24
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi Stuart,

> I have installed postgresql-7.0.2 on my IRIX 6.5.4 system and everything
> works great, except for the JDBC driver. I have made the driver and have
> tried to add the .jar file to my classpath. It looked as though it was
> successful, but whenever I try to access the driver using the
> Class.forName(org.postgresql.Driver) method, I get a
> ClassNotFoundException. Has anyone used postgres with Java that can give
> me any hints?

I've used the jdbc driver in a servlet rather effectively.

You might try doing something like:

System.setProperty("jdbc.drivers","postgresql.Driver");
Class.forName("postgresql.Driver");

This works for me with Postgresql 6.5.3, if the package name got
changed to org.postgresql you should probably try:

System.setProperty("jdbc.drivers","org.postgresql.Driver");
Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");

~Rob

--
wYRd.:|:(dot)wyrd(at)triskelion-nova(dot)com(dot):|:.prohibitions void where offered
de recta non tolerandum sunt