Select between two databases

From: Indraneel Majumdar <indraneel(at)www(dot)cdfd(dot)org(dot)in>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Select between two databases
Date: 2000-09-25 00:37:53
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

Does any one know how I may select between two databases running on same
machine or on different machines eg.

select colA1 from tableA1 where colA2 in (select colB1 from tableB1);

here tableA1 and tableB1 are in different databases. The two databases
might be under the same postmaster or on different machines under
different postmasters. How do I query both simultaneously? Is it possible?

Thanks,
Indraneel

# Indraneel Majumdar ¡ E-mail: indraneel(at)123india(dot)com #
# Bioinformatics Unit (EMBNET node), ¡ URL: http://scorpius.iwarp.com #
# Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, #
# Hyderabad, India - 500076 #