Compiling on Tru64

From: Kjetil Kjernsmo <kjetil(dot)kjernsmo(at)astro(dot)uio(dot)no>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Compiling on Tru64
Date: 2003-03-14 13:17:20
Lists: pgsql-ports

Dear all,

I'm trying to get PostgreSQL 7.3.2 running on Tru64.

Problem is, I've got a really old gcc, specifically 2.8.1, and I'm getting
the error someone reported in bug #623. I've asked some folks and there is
no new gcc coming up in foreseeable future.

I've also compiled with the native cc, it compiles but I'm getting
35 of 89 tests failed.
Bad sign, I guess.

I do not have root access, and there is little I can do to correct these
problems. Is there any hope for me?

Cheers,

Kjetil
--
Kjetil Kjernsmo
Recent astrophysics graduate Problems worthy of attack