Re: [INTERFACES] RE: ODBC and RDO

From: "Hossein S(dot) Zadeh" <hossein(at)bf(dot)rmit(dot)edu(dot)au>
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] RE: ODBC and RDO
Date: 1999-12-28 11:14:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Tom Lane wrote:

> FYI, the soon-to-appear 6.0 release of Ghostscript will have PDF-writing
> capability: feed it a plain PS file, get PDF. I haven't played with it,
> but I believe it will be a reasonable freeware substitute for Adobe's
> PDF-creation tools.

FYI, Ghostscript (on Linux) has had this at least since late 1998
(I have "ps2pdf" as part of ghostscript 5.10 on a RedHat 5.2).

I know this as I always submit my papers (written in LaTeX) to conferences
in PDF format (especially when they ask for Microsoft Word format :-)

I have also heard of "dvi2pdf" (or "dvipdf"), but have not used it myself.

cheers,
Hossein