Problems testing previous snapshots on alpha

From: "Pedro J(dot) Lobo" <pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es>
Subject: Problems testing previous snapshots on alpha
Date: 1998-03-16 14:15:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I'm having trouble testing the pre-6.3 sources. I've tried the Jan, 15 and
Jan, 1 sources, and both give the following error:

gmake[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/local/pgsql.beta/src/pgsql/src/backend/access
/common'
cc -I../../../include -I/usr/local/include -DNOFIXADE -Dalpha -I../..
-I../../port/alpha -I../../../include -c heaptuple.c -o heaptuple.o
/usr/lib/cmplrs/cc/cfe: Error: heaptuple.c, line 878: Unacceptable operand
of conditional operator
&isNull) ? (*(
----------^

I've taken a look at the code, and the error's cause seems to be an
incorrect macro. Now I'm going to try the Dec, 15 source tree, but I am
suspecting that there is a problem with the sources. I am using cvsup (the
precompiled binary that is stored at the main ftp site) with the following
configuration file:

# This file represents the standard CVSup distribution file
# for the PostgreSQL ORDBMS project
# Modified by lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu 1997-08-28
# - Point to my local snapshot source tree
#
# Defaults that apply to all the collections
*default host=postgresql.org
*default compress
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default tag=.
*default date=97.12.01.00.00.00

# base directory points to where CVSup will store its 'bookmarks' file(s)
*default base=/usr/local/pgsql.beta/src

# prefix directory points to where CVSup will store the actual distribution(s)
*default prefix=/usr/local/pgsql.beta/src

# complete distribution, including all below
pgsql

# individual distributions vs 'the whole thing'
# pgsql-doc
# pgsql-perl5
# pgsql-src

There shouldn't be any problem with this configuration file, right?

Pedro José Lobo Perea Tel: +34 1 336 78 19
Centro de Cálculo Fax: +34 1 331 92 29
EUIT Telecomunicación - UPM e-mail: pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es