Re: [HACKERS] Who is everyone?

From: "Pedro J(dot) Lobo" <pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Who is everyone?
Date: 1998-02-20 11:28:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Bruce Momjian wrote:

>I have been working with many of you for over a hear, and would like to
>know more details about you.

I am 26, and still live with my parents in Madrid. I work at the
university, in a telecommunications school (the same where I have
studied). I am a systems administrator, network administrator,
programmer, consultant, and almost anything you can think of. I also work
(sometimes) doing systems administration and programming out of the
university. My home computer has Windows 95, NT and FreeBSD installed, and
I really really *HATE* Micro$oft :-). At the university, I administer a
Digital Unix machine and a Windows NT network (it sucks).

I use PostgreSQL for a database that contains all the information about
our students. Currently, I am programming an account management system to
keep accounts in sync in Digital Unix and NT. The system contains a daemon
in DU, a service in NT and a front-end written in Java, and it uses
PostgreSQL to store the account data.

My contributions to PostgreSQL have been very small (just a few patches to
get a clean compile in DU), but it's better than nothing :-) I'd like go
get more involved when time permits. Anyway, the PostgreSQL team is doing
a *great* job. We have already a great DBMS, and it is getting better day
by day.

Pedro José Lobo Perea Tel: +34 1 336 78 19
Centro de Cálculo Fax: +34 1 331 92 29
EUIT Telecomunicación - UPM e-mail: pjlobo(at)euitt(dot)upm(dot)es