Redirecting

From: Richie <dugganr(at)student(dot)cs(dot)ucc(dot)ie>
To: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Redirecting
Date: 2001-02-28 15:00:50
Lists: pgsql-php

Hi

I am using PHP, PostgreSQL and the Apache web server. I have a login.php
script working which checks if the login is correct. If so it will
redirect you the main page, which is search.html like so :

if ( $feedback == ' SUCCESS - You Are Now Logged In ')
{
echo '<FONT COLOR="BLUE"><H1>You will now be redirected to the
Auctioneer Main Page

printf("<META HTTP-EQUIV=\"REFRESH\" CONTENT =
\"5; URL=http://level424.ucc.ie/project/search.html\">");

exit;
}....

This works grand but my problem is that I am using frames and I want the
value of TWO frames to change once the user has been confirmed, the "main"
frame which which will contain search.html and the "options" frame which
will contain userOptions.html. Here is what I currently have:

if (everything OK)
{
printf("<A
HREF=\"http://level424.ucc.ie/project/userOptions.html\"
onClick=\"window.self.location =
'http://level424.ucc.ie/project/search.html'\"
target=\"options\">Go to main page</A>");
exit;
}...

Instead this places a link which the user must click in order for the 2
pages to be loaded simultaneously. I think that it would be much better if
the 2 pages loaded up simultaneously once the user has been confirmed
WITHOUT THE USER HAVING TO CLICK A LINK.

Can anyone tell me is this possible?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Richie

Richie Duggan
Computer Science IV
University College Cork
Eamil : dugganr(at)student(dot)cs(dot)ucc(dot)ie richie_dug(at)yahoo(dot)com
Homepage : http://student.cs.ucc.ie/01/dugganr/index.html