Maintenance

From: Raul Carvalho <rmpc(at)fe(dot)up(dot)pt>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Maintenance
Date: 2000-04-17 11:25:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello all,

I am having a problem regarding maintenance of my databases. I have four
small db's and clients must use password autentication.

The problem is that when I try to pg_dump any of them, I don't know how
can I pass username and password. Shouldn't there be a command line option
to do this? Environment variables are very unconvenient...

The same problem regarding restoring the database. "cat xpto.dump | psql
-e dbname" also asks for passwd...

What solutions are you using? Please share them with me!

Thanks a lot,
Raul

Raul Miguel Pinheiro de Carvalho
ISR - Instituto de Sistemas e Robotica, Porto
e-mail: rmpc(at)fe(dot)up(dot)pt