perl-interface: make test

From: wlin(at)atmgcm(dot)msrc(dot)sunysb(dot)Edu
To: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)Org
Subject: perl-interface: make test
Date: 1999-03-10 03:38:39
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello,

When I installed the perl interface for postgresql, as instructed, the
first two steps (perl Makefile.PL; make) worked well. But when doing
"make test", it stopped with message

not ok 2: 0, 1
FATAL 1: Database emplate1 does not exist in pg_database
======== rather than template1

Looks like the first char of $dbmain (which is 'template1') has been
striped off. If I placed an arbitrary char before 'template1', which
would be '?template1', then the database template1 could be connected; but
it would still fail at later steps of 'make test'.

I just find out that I didn't specify '--with-perl' to enable perl
interface at the configuration step when I installed postgresql last May.
Is this responsible for the above problem? Any shortcut to enable it rather
than re-install it from scratch? The INSTALL file indicates if using
'--with-perl', it requires an installed version of postgreSQL. In that
case, what files/directories should be retained for a rebuild or an update?

Any advices will be appreciated!

Wuyin Lin
wlin(at)atmgcm(dot)msrc(dot)sunysb(dot)edu