Re: [INTERFACES] Re: ODBC 16 bit support

From: Vince Vielhaber <vev(at)michvhf(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Re: ODBC 16 bit support
Date: 1998-04-19 15:11:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Stephen Davies wrote:

> > And I've have to say a *definite* no here...the result of that
> > would be two different drivers, with different features available to
> > it...totally unacceptable.
> >

> Why?
>
> Pretty much every product that I can think of has separate 16-bit and 32-bit
> product groups.
>
> Albeit that most of those are MS products, there is no real reason why
> different environments should not have different solutions.

That should be your first clue right there. It's not in MS interests to
promote the use of 16 bit products. They want you to buy win9x. The
feature sets in *their* 16 bit products will intentionally be dwindled
with each new release or update. Look what they tried to pull with office
97.

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH email: vev(at)michvhf(dot)com flame-mail: /dev/null
# include <std/disclaimers.h> TEAM-OS2
Online Searchable Campground Listings http://www.camping-usa.com
"I'm just not a fan of promoting stupidity!
We have elected officials for that job!" -- Rock