Re: Object-relational features

From: Yasir Malik <ymalik(at)cs(dot)stevens-tech(dot)edu>
To: John DeSoi <jd(at)icx(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Object-relational features
Date: 2004-03-15 14:06:39
Lists: pgsql-sql

Dr. DeSoi
Thanks for your reply.
What is an "immutable strict" and what is an "internal" language?

Does Postgres plan on implenting types as Oracle does? For example:
create type AddrType as (street char(20), city char(20), zip char(5));
create type CustType as (name varchar(2), addr AddrType);
create table Cust of CustType;

Which is superior to Postgres's way of implementing types (writing a C
function).

Thanks,
Yasir