Re: location of the configuration files

From: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>
Cc: mlw <pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Kevin Brown <kevin(at)sysexperts(dot)com>, Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
Subject: Re: location of the configuration files
Date: 2003-02-15 04:44:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, scott.marlowe wrote:

> Asking for everything in a directory with the name local in it to be
> shared is kind of counter intuitive to me.

Not really. If you install a particular program that doesn't come with
the OS on one machine on your site, why would you not want to install it
separately on all of the others?

Typically, I want my favourite non-OS utilities on all machines, not
just one. (Even if I don't use them on all machines.) Thus /usr/local is
for site-local stuff.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.netbsd.org
Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light. --XTC