Re: Temporary and permanent tables with same name

From: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
To: Vilson farias <vilson(dot)farias(at)digitro(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Temporary and permanent tables with same name
Date: 2003-02-06 06:37:46
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Vilson farias wrote:

> I've been doing some temporary tables and I created one with the
> same name of a permanent table. Maybe you should avoid temporary
> tablem creation for this case.
>
> bxs=# CREATE TABLE test (x INT4);
> CREATE
> bxs=# SELECT CAST('45 SECONDS' AS INTERVAL) INTO TEMP test;

Yes, this is a great feature, isn't it? I use it all the time for creating
a copy of a table local to a connection and running various tests on it.
Then it just vanishes when I disconnect.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.netbsd.org
Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light. --XTC