Re: Case Tool

From: suga(at)netbsd(dot)com(dot)br
To: Haroldo Stenger <hstenger(at)adinet(dot)com(dot)uy>
Cc: João Paulo Batistella <batistellabr(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Case Tool
Date: 2002-08-01 01:14:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

On my last job they make heavy use of Genexus. It's really a
great tool, the only drawback I can say is that is does not scale well.
also, ARtech (The uruguaian producer) is a great microsoft partner (don't
even expect a Genexus for unix/linux using a Kylix codegen for example),
and there're no warranties that the Java generator will be kept in
development with the advent of the C# code generator. The connectivity
with postgresql has to be ODBC/JDBC.

It's also a VERY VERY VERY expensive product that requires a
pretty good known-how. Might be a choice for "enterprises".

[]'s
Ricardo.