Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly

From: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
To: Robert L Mathews <lists(at)tigertech(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: I am being interviewed by OReilly
Date: 2002-07-08 06:17:36
Lists: pgsql-general

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Robert L Mathews wrote:

> Don't know about that, but for what it's worth, a TESS trademark search
> indicates that the phrase "SQL Server" is a registered trademark of...
> Sybase(!).
>
> I'm surprised it was allowed to be registered, actually; it seems merely
> descriptive. One could certainly make an argument that since Microsoft
> also uses the phrase, it's generic....

They may have the right to use it; Microsoft SQL Server is based on
Sybase code. You didn't think they'd come up with a product that good
all on their own, did you? :-)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.netbsd.org
Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light. --XTC