Re: Row Limit on tables

From: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
To: shey sewani <pakix2000(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Row Limit on tables
Date: 2002-05-31 17:22:59
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 31 May 2002, shey sewani wrote:

> Is there a limit on the number of rows you can have in a table?
> Couple experts have predicted that 20Million or 200Million was the limit. I
> would like to hear your expereinces.

Nowhere near that low, that's for sure. I'm playing with a 500
million row table right now. And this is just on a single cheap
IDE disk, not on real hardware that would let me work with properly
large databases....

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.netbsd.org
Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light. --XTC