Re: Backup very large databases

From: Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net>
To: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)natserv(dot)com>
Cc: Nikolay Mihaylov <pg(at)nmmm(dot)nu>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Backup very large databases
Date: 2002-04-20 01:53:44
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002, Francisco Reyes wrote:

> > Im also are interested to join/make? New group for very large postgres
> > databases. Is there other people that running simillar large databases?
>
> Don't know how many other people would be interested, but I like the idea.
> However, what is wrong with just posting the questions to general?

There doesn't seem to be all that much traffic directly concerning large
databases, and most of it seems to be performance-related, so perhaps this
could be subsumed into the performance list someone suggested making.

> I have about 7GB worth of data.

I anticipate having a 30-50 GB or larger database in the next few months.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson <cjs(at)cynic(dot)net> +81 90 7737 2974 http://www.netbsd.org
Don't you know, in this new Dark Age, we're all light. --XTC