First mega-patch...

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: First mega-patch...
Date: 1998-03-16 15:35:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This is going to be slightly painful to do, since it has to be done
manually, but I've put up a patch against v6.3 based on reports that have
come in since it was released 2 weeks ago.

The patch is purely a *test*...do not use it production yet, I just want
to know whether it works fine or not, and whether there are any problems
with it.

The patch is a tar file, which contains a 'cvs diff -rrelease-6-3', as
well as those files that are new since that tag was written...

The file can be found in

ftp.postgresql.org:/pub/patches/.test/v6.3p1.tar.gz

and is hidden from public view...

Bruce/Vadim/Thomas...over the next couple of days, please be careful with
what you commit...I'm going to do a proper tar.gz up on Thursday morning,
and if all goes well, will make the patch public on Sunday evening...

*NOTE: This is not to be discussed in any other mailing list, period, or
you will lose your secret decoder ring, and we'll have to cut off
your hands so that you can't do the secret handshake anymore*