Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] Important Announcement

From: The Hermit Hacker <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Andrew Martin <martin(at)biochemistry(dot)ucl(dot)ac(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] Important Announcement
Date: 1998-01-23 13:19:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Accepting credit cards would be a good way to get international users
> to buy. For a small sum, it really is too much hassle to pay abroad
> by any other means...

I really wish we could accept credit cards :( Up here, at least,
it costs something like $10,000 upfront with the banks in order to even
get 'online credit card authorization' :( And that is if they will even
talk to you in the first place.

Things were alot more slack 10 years ago, when nobody really knew
what the Internet was, but when it exploded, so did the banks up here,
sine there were alot of 'fly by night' operations :(

I've had one suggestion on how we might be able to get around
this, using some of the online distribution houses that are out
there...I'm still looking into it, but so far dont' like what I'm seeing
:(