Re: Feature proposal: www_fdw

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Alexander Soudakov <cygakob(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feature proposal: www_fdw
Date: 2011-09-28 20:53:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Guys,

I suggest Alexander to announce his project just to let all us know and
avoid duplicate work. I hope it's a good starter project for Alexander !
I agree with Andrew, it's also should be posted to -general.
It's clear it should be an extension !

Oleg
On Wed, 28 Sep 2011, Tom Lane wrote:

>> Why should this be a core feature, as the subject suggests? It could
>> just be an extension, like other FDWs, no?
>
> In fact it had *better* be an extension, not core, because anything that
> allows the server to go out and touch the web is going to be a security
> hazard in some people's usages. I can see that some people will want
> this type of functionality, but others definitely won't.
>
> regards, tom lane

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83