Re: Postgres/PostgreSQL as a trademark?

From: Seth Grimes <grimes(at)altaplana(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres/PostgreSQL as a trademark?
Date: 2008-06-26 09:49:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

There's a searchable database at the US Patent and Trademark Office.

The only active trademarks it shows with either Postgres or PostgreSQL are
variations of "Postgres Plus" held by EnterpriseDB.

There's a dead patent on Mammouth that references PostgreSQL that was held
by Command Prompt, Inc.

Try this form to search for yourself:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchstr&state=l1i5ve.1.1

Seth

--
Seth Grimes Alta Plana Corp, analytical computing & data management
Intelligent Enterprise magazine (CMP), Contributing Editor