Re: Ready for beta2?

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Ready for beta2?
Date: 2007-10-22 09:47:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org> writes:
>> On Sunday, October 21, 2007 22:38:04 -0400 Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
>> wrote:
>>> I've posted notes over the past few days about half a dozen relatively-
>>> minor-but-none-the-less-initdb-forcing issues in tsearch. We have to
>>> either fix those or decide we're not going to fix them. I'm a bit
>>> annoyed that Oleg and Teodor haven't responded to any of those comments.
>
>> Remove the tsearch2 stuff if we can't even get feedback from the developers at
>> such a critical time?
>
> I don't want to go that far. But I will start making changes on my own
> authority if I don't hear objections pretty soon ...

I and Teodor are really busy working on other project(s) and it's very
difficult for us to switch our attention. Personally, I don't see any
principal quiestion where hackers community wouldn't think better than
we did and I rely on you, our colleagues.

The only concern is about changes of parser's token type, but I'm not
ready to say more than just concern :)

ts_debug is a really debug function and could be changed. Btw, it
doesn't supports thesaurus dictionaries, so it should be rewritten in C.

I have rather slow connection right now, Teodor, probably, will
comment in more details.

Sorry, guys, for delay and thank you for understanding.

> regards, tom lane

> match

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83