Re: default_text_search_config and expression indexes

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Paesold <mpaesold(at)gmx(dot)at>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: default_text_search_config and expression indexes
Date: 2007-07-27 07:23:30
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Pavel Stehule wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> 2+.
>>

>> One of the most important purpose of integrating tsearch2 was to
>> facilitate full-text search for people in hosting environment. Usually,
>> they have no superuser rights. I'm asking don't forget about them !
>>
>> There is no problem with current behaviour once user understand what he do.
>>

> I am not sure if postgresql is well for multilangual hosting
> environment. There is problem with locales. Without COLLATE support
> postgresql can't be used in similar environment. :(

configuration has NOTHING with language ! This is a most frequent myth about
configuration. It's just the way we chose for default_text_search_config to
use language part of locale at initdb time.
text search configuration is just a bind between parser to use for
breaking document by lexems and mapping between lexeme type and dictionaries.

> nice a day
> Pavel Stehule

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83