Re: stats_block_level

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: stats_block_level
Date: 2007-07-27 07:32:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Any reason not to just fold them both into stats_start_collector ?
>
> Well, then you couldn't turn collection on and off without restarting
> the postmaster, which might be a pain.

Maybe we don't actually need stats_start_collector, but instead we start
it always and just have one knob to turn collection on and off. I'm
not sure whether the extra process would bother people if they're not
collecting, but we have so many extra processes now, why would anyone
care.

--
Peter Eisentraut