Re: Temporal Questions

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Temporal Questions
Date: 2007-05-03 16:29:04
Lists: pdxpug

On Thu, 3 May 2007, Aaron Burt wrote:

> Yes, I got that the first time. Which ones apply, though? If a client
> misses a deadline by 1 day because they're dealing with a state that
> doesn't recognize Martin Luther King Day, YOU are in trouble, unless you
> place the onus on THEM to get it right.

First, each installation is customized to a specific set of regulatory
requirements. Even within the same company, mines/mills processing different
minerals have different requirements.

Second, if a deadline is missed by one day it's usually no big deal.
Agency staff are so far behind as it is that no one gets cut off at the
knees for missing the deadline. However, potential hassles are avoided by
getting renewals in early.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. | Accelerator(TM)