Re: Patch queue triage

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch queue triage
Date: 2007-05-02 06:30:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 1 May 2007, Tom Lane wrote:
> * [HACKERS] tsearch_core patch for inclusion
> /Teodor Sigaev/
>
> Have we resolved whether the API and the dump/restore strategy are
> acceptable? The code needs review too, but not till we've settled
> on the basic question whether we like the feature set.

There were several discussion and we tried to satisfy a claims.
We added the ability of creation of FTS with one command
(just create GIN index on text attribute), which many
people like a lot, we changed SQL syntax to be more SQL-ish and we like it.
We discussed the new FTS on two conferences in Moscow and got positive
opinions. Also, we wrote FTSBOOK
( http://mira.sai.msu.su/~megera/pgsql/ftsdoc/ )
in english and FTS introduction in russian
( http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/talks/fts_pgsql_intro.html ).

For the period from the patch was announced there were > 3100 unique IP, which
downloaded FTSBOOK.

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83