Re: tsearch_core for inclusion

From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>
Cc: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tsearch_core for inclusion
Date: 2007-03-26 14:32:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Florian G. Pflug wrote:

> Teodor Sigaev wrote:
>> For given schema and server's locale, it's possible to have several FTS
>> configurations, but the only one (with special flag enabled)
>> could be used as default. Current (active) FTS configuration contains
>> in GUC variable tsearch_conf_name. If it's not defined, then FTS
>> configuration
>> is looked in search_path to match server's locale with default flag
>> enabled.
>
> Isn't the real problem that only _one_ configuration per locale should
> be marked as DEFAULT at any time, no matter what schema it is in?

I'm not sure I understand you correct (a bit complex :), but it's allowed
to have only _one_ DEFAULT configuration per schema/per locale. So,
visibility is defined by search_path for given locale.

> Having one DEFAULT configuration per schema per locale will necessarily
> cause confusion if search_path is not set carefully I think.

That's what we're worry about and try to avoid possible confusions.

> greetings, Florian Pflug

> TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83