Re: slow subselects

From: ismo(dot)tuononen(at)solenovo(dot)fi
To: Marko Niinimaki <manzikki(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: slow subselects
Date: 2007-02-20 07:21:45
Lists: pgsql-performance

try:

select studentid,max(score) from studentprofile group by studentid;

or if you want only those which exists in students

select s.studentid,max(p.score)
from studentprofile p,students s
where s.studentid=p.studentid
group by s.studentid;

if it takes longer than 1-2 seconds something is seriously wrong

Ismo