Re: statistics buffer is full

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: statistics buffer is full
Date: 2006-11-09 05:46:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Wed, 8 Nov 2006, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>> hah! Does that mean it's just the buffering for pg_stat_activity and not for
>> planner statistics? That doesn't make me feel too bad in this case.
>
> Yeah it is nothing to worry about, however turning it off is certainly a
> performance benefit.

So, then the next question: is that error because the command string was too
long or because there were too many command strings in the buffer at once
(i.e. it got backed up a bit and filled)?

It would be a drag to be without pg_stat_activity on this system. The
performance detriment is lessened in 8.2, correct?

--
Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/