Re: Porting Applications to Postgres

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Porting Applications to Postgres
Date: 2006-08-21 22:14:56
Lists: pdxpug

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> Bleh, what a drag. I guess the only other solution is to do it yourself,
> but that would likely be a pretty steep learning curve?

Yes, much too steep. I'd rather have a stand-alone application in python
(with wxPython for the UI), than a web app, but that would also be a major
undertaking.

> Sorry that there are no simple answers.

There are no simple answers in life anyway, so I'm accepting that I'll
just have to wait for others to fix things. There's only so much I can do,
and writing code -- except for my approximate reasoning model -- is not how
I make a living.

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM) | Accelerator