Re: Disk is full, what's cool to get rid of?

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: Erik Jones <erik(at)myemma(dot)com>
Cc: Scott Marlowe <smarlowe(at)g2switchworks(dot)com>, General Postgresql List <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Disk is full, what's cool to get rid of?
Date: 2006-07-27 19:40:58
Lists: pgsql-sql

Depends what the default is on your system. The default is 5% with the
version of mke2fs that I have here, so you would just:

tune2fs -m 5 <devicename>

to put it back.

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006, Erik Jones wrote:

> Awesome. Do I need to reset that to any magic # after the vacuum? I'm not
> all that up on filesystem maintenance/tweaking...
>
> Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> I can't tell you the number of times that little trick has saved my
>> life.
>>
>> On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 11:32, Jeff Frost wrote:
>>
>>> You can probably just "tune2fs -m 0 <device name>" to give yourself enough
>>> space to get out of the jam before you go deleting things. Then you might
>>> want to vacuum full afterwards.

Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/
Phone: 650-780-7908 FAX: 650-649-1954