Re: "ld.so.l: /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb: fatal:

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: olive Mckenzie <olivemckenzie2003(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "ld.so.l: /usr/local/pgsql/bin/initdb: fatal:
Date: 2005-11-19 21:44:12
Lists: pgsql-admin

Olive, please don't take the pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org address out of the
list as others will likely have excellent info for you as well, plus people
can search the archives when they have similar problems.

Are you installing from the TARFILE or from a solaris pkg?

What is the exact command you are running (copy/paste)? As simply issuing "su
postgres" should not run initdb on login.

To get your command to run, you probably just need to do the following before
you execute it, you could also add this to your bash profile:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/sfw/lib

--
Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/