Re: Best open source tool for database design / ERDs?

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: Sean Davis <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Best open source tool for database design / ERDs?
Date: 2006-06-01 13:53:51
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Sean Davis wrote:

> You might look into Eclipse (the java-based IDE). It has at least one ERD
> design plugin that allows graphical layout, editing of schema, and
> generation of DDL directly from the schema. It works with many DB platforms
> and is FREE!!!

Allow me to second that suggestion. I used one (whose name I don't recall)
from Azzurri in Japan. It was an easy installation into eclipse, allowed me
to design the schema and relations, then generated the postgres statements. I
used it on one project; haven't had the need since then (and that was 2.5
years ago).

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.(TM) | Accelerator