Re: What Could Cause This Behavior?

From: Rich Shepard <rshepard(at)appl-ecosys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What Could Cause This Behavior?
Date: 2006-01-27 02:24:49
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006, Stephan Szabo wrote:

> Did you put a semicolon at the end of the command? I get a
> ERROR: syntax error at or near "username" at character 26
> LINE 1: create database contacts username=sszabo

Stephan,

No, I did not put a semicolon there. I also received no error message, just
the prompt. See the sample session I just posted in response to Michael's
message.

> psql defaults to connecting to a database of the same name as the user when
> no database name is given.

I now understand this.

Thanks,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D. | Author of "Quantifying Environmental
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM) | Impact Assessments Using Fuzzy Logic"