Re: problem with WAL files

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with WAL files
Date: 2005-06-30 22:03:46
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> Apparently it wasn't able to get the 00000001000000000000000B segment
> from the archive either. The displayed restore_command looks a bit
> bogus to me: too many \'s. Maybe you need to correct that?

Tom,

When I tested with our system, it would not attempt to retrieve that first WAL
via the restore command. All the ones after that it was happy to do it for,
but if that one did not exist, it told me to get lost. That was on 8.0.3. I
did not test any other versions.

Putting it in the pg_xlog dir made everything go smoothly though.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/