recover of data directory

From: Daniel Drotos <drdani(at)mazsola(dot)iit(dot)uni-miskolc(dot)hu>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: recover of data directory
Date: 2006-05-29 10:17:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

During machine maintenance I've made 'rm -rf *' on postgres data
directory by a (very stupid) mistake. Postmaster was not running that
time.

Using e2undel I dumped out contents of deleted files (3728 files have
been deleted by that command). Because of "rm -r", sizes of recovered
directory files are 0, so I have no filenames and directory structure.

Is there any chance of recover data directory if only dumped file
contents are available?

Daniel