Re: Data corruption/loss when altering tables (fwd)

From: Nicola Pero <n(dot)pero(at)mi(dot)flashnet(dot)it>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Data corruption/loss when altering tables (fwd)
Date: 2004-11-22 21:34:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

>> Is there a way to explictly flush cached plans ? Is there a way to
>> prevent the caching of the plan in the stored procedure ?
>
> You can prevent plan caching in PL/pgSQL by using EXECUTE. See the
> "Executing Dynamic Commands" section in the PL/pgSQL chapter of the
> documentation.

Thanks! I suppose that (rewriting all PL/pgSQL stored procedures which
might use tables which could be modified to do an EXECUTE instead of a
plain query) will do.

Thanks everyone for your help! :-)

NB: I'd recommend writing a large 'warning' somewhere in the PL/pgsql doc
about this because loosing data is really scary