Re: Planet PostgreSQL

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Planet PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-11-03 14:19:48
Lists: pgsql-www

Hi,

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Robert Treat wrote:

>>> Do you want this to be something community maintained/integrated or do
>>> you plan on running this as something seperate from the community
>>> websites?
>>
>> Maybe sometime, after it becomes stable and after we can feed it with
>> blogs of many people. I'm willing to assign that domain who's in -core,
>> but not now.
>
> Well, probably best is to assign it to the foundation, but that can wait for
> sure.

Yes, that's a better option.

>> We can integrate with community web sites, if you want. Just think General
>> Bits. This will be same.
>
> Uh... General Bits is actually my example of a site that is not integrated
> into the community websites but is instead doing it's own thing.

Ummm, my fault. What I meant was this:

"Like General Bits, this site will 'feed' from community, will have news
from community."

But unlike from GB, it will be fed from blogs...

> Sites integrated into the community system should use the same/similar
> .css as the main www site

None of other sites do this ;()

>(please no one choke on that statement, i realize none of our other
> sites do this),

:-D

> should have site admin email be webmaster(at)postgresql(dot)org, maintainance
> be funneled through pgsql-www, not be integrated into some other
> company/project website, and potentially code put
> into gborg project page if there is code to be maintained.

Planet code has nearly nothing to be maintained: it just parses rss feeds,
etc. We should make a template first, then sit back and relax :-)

I'm not against a maintenance through -www. But I just want hold her in my
server until she grows up.

Cheers,
- --
Devrim GUNDUZ
devrim~gunduz.org devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
http://www.tdmsoft.com
http://www.gunduz.org