Re: pgxs default installation + various fixes

From: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgxs default installation + various fixes
Date: 2004-09-13 08:21:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Dear Bruce,

>> So, the question remains the same: is there a consensus to drop
>> install-all-headers/light-install targets for a simple and full "install"?
>
> This is the 8.0 release --- let's remove those targets. Our logic has
> usually been to remove confusing options and document their removal
> rather than keep them around and continue confusing people forever.
>
> Would you resubmit with adjustments for comments made?

What comments do you want me to adjust?

Do you mean I should add a paragraph is the documentation about
that now there is only one install target. I updated the documentation
on both patch submission, but if more is required I'll do what I ask,
just be more specific.

The v2 version is the one which has a single and simple "install" target
everywhere.

--
Fabien.