FAQ 1.1

From: Michael Talbot-Wilson <mtw(at)view(dot)net(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: FAQ 1.1
Date: 2006-03-28 00:40:15
Lists: pgsql-general

How, really, do people pronounce PostgreSQL?

I've read the politically correct answer, "Post-Gres-Q-L" but it's
such a mouthful, such a day's work to pronounce, that there must be a
real street pronunciation, or a number of them, that are not being
confessed to.

They say that SQL should be pronounced "Sequel" and I've even met
people who do that. The need for a simple pronunciation with many
fewer than 4 syllables seems more urgent for PostgreSQL.

"Pig Swill" is an easy guess. It is quite catchy and simple. But I
wonder if there are other, perhaps more flattering pronunciations.

Do you have a snappy pronunciation and what is it? I'd be interested
in what the babble is at your PostgreSQL site.