Re: listing relations

From: Brandon Metcalf <brandon(at)geronimoalloys(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: listing relations
Date: 2009-06-11 20:39:56
Lists: pgsql-general

t == tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us writes:

t> Brandon Metcalf <brandon(at)geronimoalloys(dot)com> writes:
t> > Something interesting I've noticed. If I have a table by the same
t> > name in two different schemas, say public and foo, and my search path
t> > is set to 'public, foo', \d without an argument lists only the one in
t> > public.

t> That's intentional. It's designed to show the same table you'd get if
t> you did "select * from tabname". You can do "\d *.tabname" if you want
t> to see all tables named tabname regardless of schema.

Yeah, I figured there was a reason for the SQL being crafted that way.

Is there a "\" command to show all tables in the current search path?

--
Brandon