Re: This is our slashdot coverage?

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Mikael Carneholm <Mikael(dot)Carneholm(at)WirelessCar(dot)com>
Cc: Luke Lonergan <llonergan(at)greenplum(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: This is our slashdot coverage?
Date: 2006-12-08 02:46:21
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thu, 7 Dec 2006, Mikael Carneholm wrote:

> > And we're building the windowing functions as fast as we can ;-)
> >

> Interesting. Which functions are you planning on implementing, more
> specifically? (Personally, I have had great use of FIRST/LAST,
> RANK/DENSE_RANK and LAG/LEAD)

Interestingly, FIRST, LAST, LAG and LEAD are absent from the spec but
everyone I've spoken to has said they're close to being the most useful
:-). So, I'm aiming to do those as well.

Implemenenting the actual functions is trivial compared to implementing
the window construct in the executor (and planner).

Gavin