Re: psqlodbc problem urgent

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)alcove(dot)com(dot)au>
To: raja chidambaram <raja(at)solnettechnologies(dot)com>
Cc: sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psqlodbc problem urgent
Date: 2006-06-01 05:07:59
Lists: sydpug

On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, raja chidambaram wrote:

> Hi all,

This is not really the right list for your question as it is primarily
focussed on the activities of the Sydney PostgreSQL Users Group. The
appropriate list is pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)

Nonetheless, see my comments below.

> I use postgres version 7.5.9-2 with psqlodbc version 7.3-3 that comes

There is no PostgreSQL 7.5. Is that a typo?

> with RHEL3 for our application.But i a found sort of bug in psqlodbc
> when i try to execute a query while the postgres database is down,the
> SQLprepare statement returns 0 insted of -1 & the application crashes
> displaying Broken pipe.
>
> But i did not find this in earlier version of psqlodbc.

You're probably better off talking to Red Hat -- assuming you're using the
versions PostgreSQL and the ODBC driver supported by RHEL3?

> I need to handle this we are enhancing our application for postgres
> database recovery.
>
> the code goes like this i call this function
>
> Void executeQuery()
> {
> int i, iRetValue;
>
> for(i = 0; i < MAX_ROW; i ++)
> {
> iRetValue = SQLPrepare( hstmt, (UCHAR *) cmds[i], SQL_NTS );
>
> if ( iRetValue != SQL_SUCCESS )
> {
> printf( "SQLError SQLPrepare() failed\n" );
> return;
> }
>
> //printf("Executing: %s\n", cmds[i]);
> iRetValue = SQLExecute ( hstmt );
> if ( iRetValue != SQL_SUCCESS )
> {
> printf( "SQLError SQLExecute() failed with retVal: %d\n",
> iRetValue
> }
> );
>
> 71,1 34%
>
> Is their any way to verify postgres connection.If so help me please
> it's urgent.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with psqlodbc. You're probably better off
getting on the ODBC list.

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/psqlodbc/

Hope that helps.

Thanks,