Re: List of prominent users

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)linuxworld(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: List of prominent users
Date: 2005-12-04 11:10:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Sat, 3 Dec 2005, Robert Treat wrote:

> On Saturday 03 December 2005 18:04, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Over the last couple of weeks I was asked repeatedly for a list of
> > prominent users of PostgreSQL. I don't think we have that. I know all
> > of us can throw some names around, but no one has collected these. I'm
> > thinking something like this: http://www.mysql.com/customers/.
> >
> > I know that sort of list will be far less expressive than the case
> > studies or an actual analysis of a user's needs, but it's the sort of
> > thing people ask for at expositions and the like.
> >
> I have a couple of these lists laying around that I've wanted to put up. I
> actually did start to compile them for the web. This certainly isnt official
> or anything but if you need some inspiration...
> http://xzilla.postgresql.org/about/users

Under media:

CNN
ABC
BBC
Fox News
CBS
NBC
ITN
Deutsche Welle

(See recent case study of Proximity)

Healthcare - CalorieKing.com (Chris KL)

Telecom:

Telstra
Optus

(First and second largest telcos in Australia)

NTT Data

(Japanese national carrier, largest company in Japan)

e-Commerce:

RedSheriff, recently purchased by AC Neilsen
(http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=1482975508)

ERP:

OpenMFG

Education:

University of New South Wales
University of Sydney
University of Western Sydney

Open Source:

Debian (used to manage data about the project, packages, etc)

-----

I'll post more, especially those I've been actively involved in, once I
get permission, finish projects for them using PostgreSQL, etc.

Gavin