Re: Vote on Omar Design

From: Gavin Sherry <swm(at)alcove(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Vote on Omar Design
Date: 2004-11-19 22:48:41
Lists: pgsql-www

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Alexey Borzov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Josh Berkus wrote:
> > I'd like to push for a vote on Omar's design. Overally, I'm pretty impressed
> > with it and Omar seems willing to put in the effort required to get the site
> > (including Advocacy and Techdocs) fully ported before or around 8.0. Time's
> > a-wastin'!
> >
> > So, votes that we let Omar proceed and offer help on getting content ported to
> > the 2nd design he submitted (with minor adjustments)?
>
> I'd like to point out that the design we have now [1] is adequate, while the
> content is not. I'd also like to remind that the new site was made easy to skin,
> so applying the newer design will take a small amount of time. Fixing and
> porting the content will take a much longer time, though.

I am half way through fixing the interfaces section and Josh, Robert
Bernier and I are working on case studies. Omar is working on advocacy and
techdocs integration.

I think the point, however, is this: to make this content more easily
accessible and to promote it better, he has introduced some new navigation
boxes and new styles within the content itself. It makes no sense to port
these to the existing design if that design will not be used.

Gavin